Pen'n'Paper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares...

Go down

A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares... Empty A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares...

Post by Ziakira Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:44 am

A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares... 102533823&trans=1

Let me tell you tale of Dreams and Nightmares...
A tale so horrid, your sleep will scare...
For each of your dreams would be replaced by a nightmare...
So better plug your ears and go over there...

Remember this song, for it shows up only once, and then it is forgotten…

Dreams and Nightmares both come form the same place...imagination...
No matter who you are, or what kind of life you live, you'll end up dreaming when you go sto sleep, and from time to time, you'll have a nightmare...

Everyone loves Dreams - they're fun and fluffy and get you ready to wake up happy, whilst Nightmares force you to wake up scared, with tears, nervous and on edge...
And that's why...
Everyone hates Nightmares...

Now Nightmares are hated and tend to be forgotten, only to be remebered should the dreamer have another Nightmare...
And so, the Nightmares are fading away...slowly slipping into oblivion...

There was, however, one little girl, plagued by horrific nightmares that didn't scare her...

She was haunted by the faces she saw in her Nightmares, constantly pondering why they were there...she did not forget them...but they did not scare her...

They merely intreaged her...

However despite not being afraid of her nightmares, she couldn't help but get a feeling another world somewhere was disapearing, fading away, and only she could save it...
The feeling tormented her, ate at her soul like a flea at a dog's hide, tore her mind in two, split her soul two ways...
She felt the world of the Nightmares was being forgotten, but she knew not of how to stop it's disapearance...

You see, there was somthing pushing her forward, not hope, but agony...something forcing her to try and save the world of Nightmares...

Perhaps her own soul was fading along with them?
Perhaps her soul had really been torn two ways, half living in this world, the other living in the world of Nightmares, perhaps she had to save them for her own sake...and perhaps it was her own choice...
Perhaps she had tied her soul toi the world of Nightmares at her own will...
Perhaps she wanted to save them...

...after all...

She and the Nightmares had one thing in comon - they were both rejected by this world...

Now let me tell you the tale of the Darkness of the Light...
For everyone has a dark side...
But not all Darkness has it's light...
Though Darkness may be more comon than Light, it is weaker...

Easier to forget...
And that is the one thing we all will regret...

But then this little girl came by, unable to forget us Nightmares...it was odd, at first, we weren't used to such memory...we never actualy knew what being remebered was like, since we would always be forgotten...
The feeling was odd...we were used to feeling like we were half-disapeared, but now we felt some solidity in our souls...it felt so...strong...like a pale color suddenly going bright...

We wanted more...more memory...
It then occured to us that the Dreams had plenty of this solid feeling in them for they were loved and charished...we didn't think it was fair for them to get it all, and we thought, perhaps, they could give us some of that solidity...

But the Dreams refused to help us, saying we were evil and didn;t deserve it..saying how they earned it from being kind and honest and good an crap like that... it wasn't fair... we were fading away, disapearing, adn they refuse to help us and call themselves the good guys on the top of it...

We then knew what had to be done...we waged war on the Dreams, taking what we could...

However we had overlooked the little girl...it was her Dreams  which were closest to us, so it was her Dreams who perished first...she didn;t seem to mind though, in fact, she seemd to like us better anyway...
She seemed to be on our side, suporting us by giving us more stability in our souls...so we moved on to the next Dreams, and we didn't plan to stop...
The little girl, though not afraid of us, seemed to be disturbed by our unlucky disposition...and we weren't sure why...it wasn't because of the lack of Dreams, we knew that for sure... and we thought it might have somthing to do with us...she liked us, and perhaps our unhappiness was causing her to be agitated...so we went on, from Dream to Dream, asking for help, none of them co-opertaed, untill we came accross an old wise Dream, a simple dram he was, as I, the Unnamed General of the Nightmare soldiers, was passing by his home, he looked at me with a smile and said:

"Dreams are dreamt by manny people, over manny generations, and loved by all who dream them...you are only dreamt by one little girl, remebered by her and her alone... that is why it is not enough...we have a solid suply of stability and you do not...the little girl can't do this on her own...you need help, either ours or that of other dreamers, and since we won't help you, dreamers are all you have left...but mark my words, dreams that come out of the minds of dreamers both share similar opinions, if you can't find a dream willing to help you, it's unlikely you'll find a dreamer willing to help you either..." He said.

"And if we do find a dream willing to help us?" I asked. "Then perhaps their dreamer will help you too..." He said with a smile. "And why didn't the girls dreams help us?" I asked. "Oh, those weren't her dreams, those were her thoughts you asked for help...she has no dreams, you are her dreams..." He told me...

This made me think...perhaps if there were no dreams willing to help us, we needed to get a dreamer to replace their dreams with us...like the little girl did...

But for now, I had to lead my army through the Dreams to get enough stability to survive for a few days...the question was...how many dreamers would we need to harvest enough of our own stability?

I figured all the little girl really needed...was a friend...a friend to dream nightmares at her side...

To be continued...(or not)...

RP: https://pen-n-paper.forumcroatian.com/t65-a-tale-of-dreams-and-nightmares

Last edited by Ziakira on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 18 times in total
Ziakira
Ziakira

RP character
Name:
A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares... Left_bar_bleue100/100A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares... Empty Re: A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares...

Post by Ziakira Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 am

Should I make thist into an RP?
Ziakira
Ziakira

RP character
Name:
A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares... Left_bar_bleue100/100A Tale of Dreams and Nightmares... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down